Thursday, July 11, 2013

Waiting Again

Conquered and completed surgery!!  I had to stay one night in the hospital.  Im now back home, very sore, hurting, and mostly doped up on pain pills.  The dct said there was nothing normal about my throat when they opened me up.  My thyroid was higher then it should be.  I had thymus tissue which is suppose to be replaced by another tissue when you are a teen.  They removed my whole thyroid and it had lots of scarring on the left side.  I had one and a half parathyroids removed.  They moved one parathyroid to the other side to balance them.  They found and removed four more nodules, one being a lymph node.  WOW!  No wonder I am sore.  The dct wanted to give me the smallest scar he could so I was stretched and pulled quite a bit to get everything.  I had to stay in the hospital to monitor my calcium levels.  Right now I have to take 4 calcium pills a day.  Im on 3 days of strict bed rest.  My neck is suppose to have as little of movement as possible.  The positive is that the dct got everything questionable in my neck.  He was very confident about that!  We are now waiting for results to come back from lab.  From my needle biopsy I already had cancer but they are checking all of it again. If I have just one cell that is cancerous I go through the 2 week diet and radioactive iodine.  The other possibility is hashimoto disease.  Its an autoimmune disease where my body pretty much attacks my thyroid.  The scarring they found is a sign of hashimoto disease and when we looked up symptoms I have had quite a bit of them.  With my thyroid being removed the hashimoto disease is gone so I would just go forward with thyroid and calcium medicine.  Either way it is in Gods hands.  He knows the plans for me.  Im just going to keep looking towards Him and walking the road ahead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment