Sunday, January 4, 2015

2015

Hello to a new year!  Im not going to lie….I already thought it was 2015.  No joke.  The older I get the more I realize time is a crazy thing.  I can't keep up with it.  Im trying to grab on to each day before they sneak past me. Enjoy moments I have before they are gone.  So with that its a new year with a new word :)  

My word for this year is perseverance.  

noun
1.
steady persistence in a course of action, a purpose, a state, etc.,especially in spite of difficulties, obstacles, or discouragement.
2.
Theology. continuance in a state of grace to the end, leading to eternal salvation.

"….let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us…."

I don't want to start this race running hard and strong and end it weak and limping. I don't want obstacles or hard times in life to hinder me from running my best race. No I do not.  I want to stay steadfast.  I want to hold tight to Gods promises.  To fix my eyes upon Him and keep running.  
I also don't want to get over confident in my race.  Thinking Ive been running for so long and so hard that I have it all figured out.  Thinking Im a spiritual giant.  I want to remember that I am weak, broken, easily entangled in sin, and in need of a savior.  Throw off my pride and stubbornness.  Come to Him with a humble heart.
My prayer this year is for my faith never to become lukewarm or stale.  For God to move through me and into others lives.  That I use His strength to continue the race marked out before me.    

No comments:

Post a Comment