Thursday, August 1, 2013

Its been Rough

The last week has been a rough one for me.  Last Thurs they put me on the diet waiting for my TSH levels to get to 30. We went up to N. Idaho for the weekend to see all the family that came to town.  I did pretty well.  Stuck to the diet with only a small cheat (creme) in my coffee.  I got tired easily but was able to get out and had tons of fun with everyone. On Tues I came back to Lewiston to have my blood drawn to check my levels.  By this point I was starting to feel really worn down.  On Wed I woke up feeling pretty crappy and just done with the whole thing.  I couldnt wait to hear from the dct and be told it was all done and I was ready for radioactive iodine.  The dct called but not with the news I was excepting.  My TSH levels were greater then 100 (reason I felt so miserable) but the earliest they could get me in for treatment is Tuesday.  The  real kick in the gut is I have to stay on the diet till then.  And I lost it.  My little world came crashing down on me.  I really did not feel like I could do it any longer.  I cried and screamed and cried some more.  I got pissed off and ate a half of a half of pizza!  Screaming "take that Dr. Anderson" while I ate it!  Today Im doing much better.  God gave me a couple of things last night and early this morning to show me He was still with me and He loved me so much.  My family is pulling me up and out of the depression I wanted to crawl into.  Im so blessed by those who love me.  Im trying to stay positive and waiting for Tues.  On Tues at 915am Ill go in for the treatment and be off the diet.  Hopefully with that my body will start to feel more like mine.  I appreciate all the prayers you can send my way.

Hypothyroidism symptoms Im having are: fatigue, upset stomach, dry skin, weight gain, muscle weakness and cramping, depression, increased sensitivity to cold, and the worst is the impaired memory.  Makes me almost feel like Im going crazy.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry, Terra. I can't even imagine what it's like to have to go through what you're going through. Thanks for being so honest, though. Big hug and lots of prayers going your way. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Terra- I understand how you feel with the diet and the other symptoms. I have hashi's also and understand a lot of it. Diet really does help, but I know it sucks. I haven't been eating the way I should for a while and all the symptoms I fought so hard to get rid of are back including 30+ lbs I'd lost. Anyhow just wanted you to know I understand how you are feeling. It is frustrating. Keep your chin up and I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete