Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Brave

Not to long ago I was at Costco checking out.  The cashier asked me what was written on the cuff around my wrist.  I looked down at my cuff and said, "daughter of the one true King"  He replied with a "um" sound.  Not really negative or postive just indifferent. I immediately felt my face turn red.  I told him, "have a great day" and left.  Walked away and felt mad, guilty, ashame.  Why did I turn red?  Why did I cringe inside a little when he gave me his answer.  Why was my gut reaction to not tell him what my cuff said.  I love Christ.  I am a follower of my Savior.  So why did I not want to shout it to the whole world.
Just a few days later I saw a news report about 21 Christians being beheaded.  ISIS took these men and killed them because of their faith.  I saw the picture of them all lined up and cried.  Cried because they held their heads up high.  Cried because they were brave and ready to die for what they believed in.  Cried for their families who watched.  Cried for the man who cried out to Jesus before he was beheaded.
I read an article today that hit my heart.  It said: "People are dying for the faith we take for granted, that we take and hide under a bushel, that we take and paint vanilla- so we dont get persecuted. Are we people who humbly take up the Cross and take our faith seriously- or people who seriously take and hide our faith under a humble bushel?"
Its so easy to share faith with others who believe as we do.  To share with people who are open and receptive to it.  But what about the ones who attack, who are indifferent, who want to hear nothing you have to share.  What about the ones who are lost and hurting.  Who want to make you hurt.  Who hate you and your faith.
Sometimes we need to feel uncomfortable.  To make others feel uncomfortable.  To not look just like everyone else in this world.  To not always play it safe.
The article I read ended with this: "Once when I was a little girl, I tried to behead a dandelion in full orb and if you behead a dandelion in full head-
you send a thousand more bravely out on the wind."
I want to be that brave.  I humbly ask my Lord to make me brave for Him.  To help me fight off my self, my fears, others, Satan and to be brave for Him.  Because I am the daughter of the one true King.

No comments:

Post a Comment